No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: IBA set to award Angela Carini $50,000 prize money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: IBA set to award Angela Carini $50,000 prize money

The International Boxing Association has announced plans to award Italy's Angela Carini $50,000 in prize money following her defeat in the welterweight round of 16 of Paris 2024 against Algerian Imane Khelif
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 08-03-2024, 02:44 PM.

Originally posted by BoxingUpdates View Post
    The International Boxing Association has announced plans to award Italy's Angela Carini $50,000 in prize money following her defeat in the welterweight round-of-16 of Paris 2024 against Algerian Imane Khelif
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Do they usually do this? I thought the Olympics was strictly for the medals?

This sounds like a consolation prize in light of all the controversy or a financial move so as to not be ill-speaking on the whole affair. $50,000 is not a little. That’s a good chunk of change.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post

This sounds like a consolation prize in light of all the controversy or a financial move so as to not be ill-speaking on the whole affair. $50,000 is not a little. That’s a good chunk of change.
      Well athletes do get paid if they medal.

I'm not sure in this case because she quit after fighting a 'female'

Comment

It’s the IBA who is awarding her and from my understanding they are the org that was kicked off the Olympic committee

Comment

The IBA was stripped of recognition by the Olympics, so this is just a middle finger up to the Olympic committee because they have no power.

Nothing but political.

Rather see the money go to the girl that lost today, she actually TRIED.

Comment

The IBA are weaponising this. It's not out of compassion.

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post

The IBA was stripped of recognition by the Olympics, so this is just a middle finger up to the Olympic committee because they have no power.

Nothing but political.

Rather see the money go to the girl that lost today, she actually TRIED.
              1. Agreed that it's political.

2. If anybody deserves it, she doesnt deserve it less for not fighting a dude. No woman should have to do that. Nor should they be expected to or incentivized to; that's the same thinking that got us where we are in this madness.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post

1. Agreed that it's political.

2. If anybody deserves it, she doesnt deserve it less for not fighting a dude. No woman should have to do that. Nor should they be expected to or incentivized to; that's the same thinking that got us where we are in this madness.
                Am I missing something here? Every source I read says she was born and is a female...jfc this is beyond ridiculous. Shes also been beaten plenty??!?!

And no I dont think women should fight men. That's just madness. Does not seem to be the case here? What am I missing?
                rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Feroz99 View Post

Am I missing something here? Every source I read says she was born and is a female...jfc this is beyond ridiculous. Shes also been beaten plenty??!?!

And no I dont think women should fight men. That's just madness. Does not seem to be the case here? What am I missing?
                  Yes mate, you are missing something. She has the testosterone levels of a man. So effectively her opponents ARE fighting a man

Comment

Originally posted by Speng View Post

Yes mate, you are missing something. She has the testosterone levels of a man. So effectively her opponents ARE fighting a man
                    Oh ffs what are we getting into here...lots of top athletes have genetic advantages. She lost 9 times and didnt medal last time. I would have a different opinion if she was steamrolling everyone...she is not. This is pathetic

Comment

Working...
                    X