Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Katsuma Akitsugi gets late TKO of Eduardo Ramirez on 'Wednesday Night Fights'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Katsuma Akitsugi gets late TKO of Eduardo Ramirez on 'Wednesday Night Fights'

Bantamweight Katsuma Akitsugi added a fringe contender to his list of impressive victories with a ninth-round technical knockout over Jesus Ramirez Rubio on "Wednesday Night Fights" in Plant City, Florida.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why do I keep forgetting this is a thing??? I would have enjoyed this. These matches are exactly the type of boxing series there should be more of: Highlighting young, developing, or unknown talent. But I KEEP MISSING IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
      Why do I keep forgetting this is a thing??? I would have enjoyed this. These matches are exactly the type of boxing series there should be more of: Highlighting young, developing, or unknown talent. But I KEEP MISSING IT!!!
      I entirely forgot about this match and I really wanted to see it.
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

I think the Probox Wednesday night fights actually are a thing. I tuned in last night for the first time and was entertained by the fights, mostly (there was one mismatch), and Algieri and Paulie together have a good insider's-view chatter going on the whole time.

One thing that pretty much sucks about the Probox experience was just trying to know if I was subscribed or not. I don't remember accepting any terms of payment but the locked broadcast suddenly appeared and I was able to catch all four bouts. The phone app and the Roku TV app do not make it easy to handle the transactional subscriber experience.
        Probox now owns BoxingScene so they have a promotional outlet here in the form of a boxing journal. A bit of a conflict of interest but it is what it is.

The ring announcer had me laughing out loud though. At the beginning of the card he flubbed his delivery and seemed to get lost in his own cheat-sheet index cards. He also sounds exactly like the J. Peterman character from Seinfeld. It's uncanny.

Comment

But you can still go back and replay it. All their fights are there on demand.

I agree that boxing needs more of this. Probox shows good matches for the most part. And after a while you start to remember some of these young guys, because they're staying active there. It's like the old days.
          landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post

But you can still go back and replay it. All their fights are there on demand.

I agree that boxing needs more of this. Probox shows good matches for the most part. And after a while you start to remember some of these young guys, because they're staying active there. It's like the old days.
            I think the matchmaking is pretty good. They don't seem to have no-hopers with losing records going against guys just trying to pad their records. Reminds me a bit of the Shobox concept. They are giving prospects and those on the verge of becoming prospects exposure. Unlike Tessitore and Ranallo, Paulie and Algieri haven't hyped or sugar-coated any of the fighters in the limited exposure I've had to their broadcasts.

Comment

The fighters on Probox mostly leave it all in the ring in competitive match ups. It kinds of reminds me of FNF in that some of the fighters will never be elite but they are matched with guys on their level and they fight their hearts out. Kudos@Probox!

Comment

Working...
              X