Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keyshawn Davis and Abdullah Mason continue rapid progress with important wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Keyshawn Davis and Abdullah Mason continue rapid progress with important wins

Two of Top Rank's stars enjoyed a successful night at Newark's Prudential Center, with Keyshawn Davis stepping up and coming through a suitably tough test against Miguel Madueno while Abdullah Mason was sensational in blitzing Luis Lebron.
    [Click Here To Read More]

My thoughts. I see Keyshawn as a highly skilled fighter who is very good, but has some moments of disconnect, but I see Mason as a gifted special fighter with far more potential. It doesn't hurt that Mason looks facially a bit like my all-time favorite fighter in Leonard, lol. One is skilled and solid, the other is pure dynamic.

Comment

Madueno was an important win?

Comment

Abdullah Mason looks scary. In about 2 years, he might be that fighter that everyone in his weight class will fear.

Comment

Keyshawn can fight so don’t get me wrong, but he’s never as impressive as he thinks he is! In fact he was a bit sloppy this week and loss composure several times but let him tell it, he’s the next coming of Ray Robinson the real Sugar Ray.
          pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

To echo some of the above comments, I like Keyshawn and will continue to watch his fights, but Mason has the much higher ceiling.
            MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

I don't think Keyshawn looked that good in this fight. He had moments where he looked phenomenal but also too many moments of holding and wrestling, initiated by him. This referee was in over his head but he may not, and should not, get away with these tactics in future fights. It made for a sloppy fight at the end.

I don't think he handles pressure all that well. I've seen him struggle in the amateurs against swarmers. A fighter like Lemos, who top rank just signed, would be a very tough fight for him.

Comment

Working...
              X