No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Rodriguez Mentality: Wham, Bam, No Tuneups, Ma'am

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: The Rodriguez Mentality: Wham, Bam, No Tuneups, Ma'am

Imagine if a young, talented junior middleweight had come along in the mid-'80s -- think Donald Curry, Mike McCallum, Davey Moore, someone like that -- and proceeded to outbox Roberto Duran, then knock out Tommy Hearns, then spar with Marvin Hagler while preparing to take on Sugar Ray Leonard. The modern-day super flyweights certainly do not stand elevated on the same pedestal as the iconic 1980s "Four Kings," but if we're willing to squint and make slight reaches for the sake of convenient equivalencies, the above almost-inconceivable scenario describes what Jesse "Bam" Rodriguez is currently doing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Cool article! Thanks for putting that together for us. This guy would be a superstar in the eyes of the public if he was 20 pounds heavier. It is crazy how much harder it is for the light dudes.
    alexoneness alexoneness likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg Fangerloo View Post
      Cool article! Thanks for putting that together for us. This guy would be a superstar in the eyes of the public if he was 20 pounds heavier. It is crazy how much harder it is for the light dudes.
      It's one of those times you wish HBO was still aorund, they could make stars out of even little fighters, most recently and towards the end it was roman Gonzalez.

But this fight isn't as special as when Rodriguez was beating guys like Cuadras and Sor...Estrada hasn't boxed in about 2 years, ring rust and age should make it an easier time for Bam Bam.

Anyway this guy can be matched with Inoue?

Comment

Thanks, Eric Raskin, for another good article here. How could anyone root against Bam? He represents the best of what we love about fighters and our sport. Keep covering yourself in glory, Bam. You are leading by example.

Comment

nothing more needs to be said except................. " lets get it on "

Comment

bit crude erik.

Comment

so tired of the Four Kings analogy. So very tired.

Comment

I really hope these smaller guys are getting a good payday because they’re about to give us an absolute thriller,btw I’m going with the “old man “
                Last edited by TonyRespectful; 06-25-2024, 10:51 AM.

Comment

War Bam although I have tremendous respect Estrada
                  alexoneness alexoneness likes this.

Comment

Big fight I’m not missing. Luckily my DAZN sub is good until 07/16. Gonna be cracking, a dub should earn him a boost in the p4p ratings. Unlike Stank, Bam is actually fighting the very best in his division.

Comment

Working...
                    X