Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Patrick Teixeira Not Expecting Much Behind Xander Zayas' Punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Patrick Teixeira Not Expecting Much Behind Xander Zayas' Punches

Patrick Teixeira claims Xander Zayas doesn't hit with much power, but he'll get to find out Saturday when he faces Zayas at the Madison Square Garden Theater in New York City.
    [Click Here To Read More]

OK, that was a short but interesting interview.
    If Xander delivers and flattens Teixeira, I'd like to see the post-fight interview in the ring ask him about the "no power" thing.

Also, for a country the size of Brazil, and their huge impact on the MMA world, I always find it curious that boxing isn't a much bigger sport there than it appears to be. The last Brazilian boxing champ I remember having a significant impact on the world stage was Popo Freitas and that was a long time ago.
    What's up with that?
    mr.neezie Dee @ PYP Boxing likes this.

Comment

- I am attending this event at Madison Square Garden and looking forward to a night of solid fights.....

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Louie View Post
        OK, that was a short but interesting interview.
        If Xander delivers and flattens Teixeira, I'd like to see the post-fight interview in the ring ask him about the "no power" thing.

Also, for a country the size of Brazil, and their huge impact on the MMA world, I always find it curious that boxing isn't a much bigger sport there than it appears to be. The last Brazilian boxing champ I remember having a significant impact on the world stage was Popo Freitas and that was a long time ago.
        What's up with that?
        I was thinking the same thing, they have some great MMA fighters.

Comment

This will be a an excellent step up and test for the young Zayas.

Comment

I an see Zayas losing. I also believe that he doesn't have that much power. He is fast and connects good combinations but gets repetitive at times. Teixeira is proven and has skills. Big step up fight for Zayas at this point of his career.

Comment

Lets show him that your assessment of your power is wrong, lets go Boricua!!!!

Comment

Bori wins this fight

Comment

Patrick may be in for a rude awakening, Xander has knocked out two thirds of his opponent's .
                  He could've easily had two more knocks out's on his record if he would've applied more pressure on Lavallais, and the referee hadn't stopped the flow of action in the Sanchez fight.
                  You also have to take into consideration that when he Turned pro at 18, he still hadn't acquired his full adult strength yet.
                  That was three years ago, he's gotten big, stronger, wiser, and has almost 20 fights of experience, collectively that makes a big difference.
                  Patrick's going to find that out first hand this Saturday 6/8/24, when he fight's Xander in New York's MSG, on the Puerto Rican Day Parade weekend.
                  pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                    I an see Zayas losing. I also believe that he doesn't have that much power. He is fast and connects good combinations but gets repetitive at times. Teixeira is proven and has skills. Big step up fight for Zayas at this point of his career.
                    I hear what you're saying STREET CLEANER, but I can see Xander cleaning the street with Patrick.
                    Xander's youthful spirit, speed, boxing IQ, and the roar of the crowd will rule the day in this fight.
                    Those intangibles coupled with his focus, discipline, and dedication to his chosen sport, will be an insurmountable force for Patrick to overcome.
                    To top it all off, Xander is speaking with a lot more conviction during his interviews, what was once a dream, is now becoming more of a reality in his mind.
                    We should see this on full display when they battle it out for ring supremacy, and a higher rating in their division's ranking.
                    Last edited by Boricua181; 06-06-2024, 11:59 AM.
                    pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X