No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Francis Ngannou Blames Anthony Joshua Defeat On Tiredness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    I read something recently, a quote from Evander Holyfield. He said that the night before the first Tyson fight, he slept like two hours. We all know how that turned out. Fighters perform under all kinds of conditions. Most fans don’t think about the fact that they’re often not at 100% capacity. They’re human. Guys come into the ring with the flu, headaches, injuries, personal problems at home — all kinds of stuff. I don’t disbelieve Francis — in fact, he’s probably telling the truth — but so what? It’s doubtful he could ever get past the fifth with AJ, even on his best day. I think we all saw that pretty clearly.
    To be fair to Ngannou, he is providing more of an explanation than an excuse, as he said “I do not mean the result would have been different."

I think most of us, if were lined up on a plate to get smashed dangerously hard in the head by a far more experienced and skilled adversary in exchange for a lot of money, might conclude it wasn't our day afterwards...

Comment

Francis is trying to convince himself that his lethargy was the reason for his loss because he's never been KO'd before and he really thought he'd have his way with AJ. It's just a way of justifying the result because he's in shock at what happened.
      On another note, it's funny how quick people were to criticize AJ after he lost to Ruiz calling him a stiff, muscle bound robot but now everybody is singing his praises.
      If AJ is a stiff robot, Ngannou must literally be a bronze statue!
      Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post

I think most of us, if were lined up on a plate to get smashed dangerously hard in the head by a far more experienced and skilled adversary in exchange for a lot of money, might conclude it wasn't our day afterwards...
        To be fair, I might conclude I didn't want that money with me in the morgue.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post
          Come on bro, you could be fresh as hell, no amount of energy’s mopping up those technical flaws you got
          He was fresh as monkey's breath.

Comment

As lots have said he reacted to every feint once AJ put him over the first time because he's not a top level boxer and was waiting to get knocked out the moment that first straight right but him over.

He was doing OK until he turned southpaw but there was no way AJ was not going to smash him eventually and probably early and then from that point what else can he do put panic?
            Last edited by Sparked_26; 03-15-2024, 03:28 PM.

Comment

francis zzzzzz ngannou

Comment

im surprised to read this, adrenaline usually cuts through any tiredness, its not like hes not used to preparing for a certain big night, i smell BS actually

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post
                  Come on bro, you could be fresh as hell, no amount of energy’s mopping up those technical flaws you got
                  Do you mean like turning southpaw vs an orthodox power-puncher, who had just fought one of the best southpaws in the business, twice? That was sheer genius!

Comment

Good job Ngannou. Did you tell dummy Turkie that you were tired and shouldn’t have gotten paid an easy 20M? When you have idiots at DAZN and now Saudi paying crazy money with no guard rails in place, this is what you get. Hearn and Warren are laughing all the way to the bank now that they found another idiot (Turkie) to rip off.

Comment

toughest guy in mma history, what happened francis, i woz tired sniff sniff

Comment

Working...
                      X