No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    I was about ready to say the same thing...nothing but crickets until the stoppage and then they boo....what a joke.
    That was pitiful. Absolutely disgraceful

Comment

And to think........"bum, average" Bradley beat Vasquez too.
      Tim Bradley is that dude

They need to take Nugaev to a hospital ASAP. I will pray for him as soon as I finish this post. Absolute warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
        Tim Bradley is that dude

They need to take Nugaev to a hospital ASAP. I will pray for him as soon as I finish this post. Absolute warrior.
        Yeah man, I hope he is ok. Having the heart of a champion is one thing but to be a man, is just that, to be made of flesh and bone, not made of leather and filled with down like a punching bag.

Comment

nasty looking fight.

that should have been stopped earlier.

refs need to stop being wishy washy about stopping fights. consult with the corner. don't ask them if a fighter can continue. if you have to ask, stop the fight.

ESPN fights pay very little. nugaev took a hellish beating.

props to the other russian. he looked like an OK fighter, but this was an exciting ESPN fight and not on a higher level than that.

Comment

Yeah man, I hope he is ok. Having the heart of a champion is one thing but to be a man, is just that, to be made of flesh and bone, not made of leather and filled with down like a punching bag.
            oh he beat Vasquez but it was not easy at a higher weight and broke timmy ribs

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              nasty looking fight.

that should have been stopped earlier.

refs need to stop being wishy washy about stopping fights. consult with the corner. don't ask them if a fighter can continue. if you have to ask, stop the fight.

ESPN fights pay very little. nugaev took a hellish beating.

props to the other russian. he looked like an OK fighter, but this was an exciting ESPN fight and not on a higher level than that.
              What does that even mean? Showtime's card last week wasn't even "ESPN level" nor have many of their cards been. HBO isn't that much better either.

Comment

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
                oh he beat Vasquez but it was not easy at a higher weight and broke timmy ribs
                Tim won, party ovah..

Comment

Shafikov still wouldn't beat Vasquez. Or Terrence Crawford.

His best chance at winning a belt would probably be against Richar Abril...although that guy has a style that can make anyone look bad.

Comment

Just caught the replay of the first half of Pedraza-Martinez cause I missed it due to the tennis game they had on. I gotta say Teddy is a ****ing biased mofo. He started off talking shiet on Pedraza cause he hasn't fought anyone and praising Martinez for being in there with the big names even though he lost all his big fights. Pedraza is still a prospect and he's moving along well. 5 rounds in and doesn't even mention Pedraza won every round so far and is doing some good body work. He also uses angles very well. Then when he sees Martinez not being effective half way through the fight he switches it around and says he expects Pedraza to get him out of there because Martinez is 19-14. After the fight he still doesn't give him credit when he stops Martinez.

FNF needs another boxing expert instead of having just Teddy. People take his word as gospel and don't challenge him on his shiet. I like him, and no doubt he's been great for boxing, he's a legend, but sometimes he can get carried away with his own bias-ness.

As for Nugaev, his manager shouldn't have had any say in the decision to continue. That decision should be solely up to the trainer. He spends the most time with his fighter and knows him better. I hope he recovers well, the whole left side of his face looked broken. Cheekbone and all, that shiet was swole. Overall, it was a great fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                      What does that even mean? Showtime's card last week wasn't even "ESPN level" nor have many of their cards been. HBO isn't that much better either.

it means nugaev probably got 10 grand or so for that life changing beating.

Comment

Working...
                      X