Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teddy atlas just said boxing is becoming a fixed sport after that weird fortuna scorecard

Comment

Horrendous fight, contrary to the commentary it was as much Fortuna's fault as it was Franco's. I scored it 95-95.

Comment

I CAN SEE THE DRAW.......you guys were so bored with franco that you didn't notice he was spoiling many of those rounds in the bank.

let the **** storm begin anyway (but please go back and score the fight round for round and you will see that it's dead close)

Comment

I've never seen a fighter as happy about a draw as Franco

Comment

No surprise...a draw. Teddy better keep his shirt on, Fortuna didn't look so dominant as his scorecard read. The fans thought Franco was winning. They must've all been Cuban.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Yet Fortuna couldn't take out a guy who's fought twice in nineteen months and caught a half-dozen good shots to the dome. I never thought all that much of Franco, but he's not the hyped-up kid Javier is.
              Franco super spoiled this fight. His whole strategy was to make fortuna look bad instead of winning. He needs to retire instead of pretending he wanted to. This guy isn't a fighter

Comment

I have no problem with the draw. One of those fights that there was really no winner.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  Now Atlas gonna talk shit because the judges didn't see it his way.
                  So true. Funny how they didn't show the viewer's scorecards at the end, since they were disagreeing with him the whole fight.

After 4 rounds

Teddy: 3-1 Fortuna
                  Viewers: 4-0 Franco

After 8

Teddy: 7-1 Fortuna
                  Viewers: 6-2 Franco

At the end

Teddy: 9-1 Fortuna
                  Viewers: ??? "ehhh let's not show that"

Comment

<<-- Fortuna fanboy

I had it 6-4 Franco, PLEASE no rematch this was a boring fight

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
                      Horrendous fight, contrary to the commentary it was as much Fortuna's fault as it was Franco's. I scored it 95-95.
                      I saw some holding on Javier's part, no doubt. A draw is fine with me. Neither guy did enough to win. One thing, though: Fortuna is not as amazing as he's being made out to be. It's easy to look good against inferior competition. Franco took some good shots and slipped and spoiled the rest. Luis landed just enough to keep the fight close.

Comment

Working...
                      X