No announcement yet.

Dr. Z's top 25 heavyweight prospects,Q2 2024

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

Yes, but we must remember he was a 22 year old man child back then. Now he is a mature man who moves around the ring very well, and hits even harder than he did as a 22 year old. I view his power as a rare 10 out of 10 now. Hrgovic's power level would be a 9 or 9.5.

Jarolov now at age 28 would beat the best version of Joyce as a pro ar amatuer.

Back then at age 22 Jarolov was a bit of a coward afraid to stand his ground vs. a rare pressure fighter who can take it and deliver it. Now due to his footwork and footspeed jab ,reach and power it will take a better fighter than Joe Joyce to make him.

His courage is better now. How good remains to be seen.

I predict Jarolov will likely be a world champion. And so will Hrgovic

I agree with absolutely everything you said about Jalolov but NOT Hrgovic. In my opinion, the only way he'll become world champion is if he fights for a vacant title against a 'grade B' Heavyweight like Dubois because he doesn't have a hope in hell of beating the ELITES of the division e.g. Fury, Joshua & Usyk. In fact, I predict that even former world champions like Parker, Ruiz & Wilder (if he rekindles his old form) would do a job on him.

Comment

I do not think Jarolov is behind to the point where has not developed. He has had 14 pro fights, and many matches with amateurs who are good competition since he went pro. Boxing is prize fighting, and right now he makes more $ winning amateur torments like the Olympics. But after the Paris Olympics, he will focus exclusively on pro boxing. I don't like to see pro's mixing with amateurs in contests , but this is not 1990, this is boxing 2024. That ship I'm afraid has sailed.

The real loser is Olympic boxing, which may end in 2024.​
      Last edited by Dr. Z; 05-30-2024, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Hrgovic just got exposed. I always told you he was a big stiff.
        KOVALEVKO Inoue Body Shot likes this.

Comment

Hrgovic was nothing. Lazy, slow and weak performance from Hrgovic.

Dubois was WAYYYY TOO STRONGGG for Hrgovic. Soft body Hrgovic got battered and was no match for the stronger Dubois.
          BigBobArum HisExcellency likes this.

Comment

Z

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z

Yes, he did. As I said he will be off the prospect list soon. I did not see the fight yet due to an incredibly busy weekend, but I will comment on it later.
              The list has lost a lot of credibility.
              KOVALEVKO Inoue Body Shot likes this.

Comment

It's boxing, upsets happen.
                P4P #1's occasionally lose too.
                Dr. Z Dr. Z likes this.

Comment

I just don't understand why Hrgovic was ranked so well. I have studied his career in the Pros. Hrgovic has no quality win to me. Zhang Bea Hrgovic on my scorecard. Hrgovic turns 32 tomorrow. I don't see Hrgovic doing much with his career at all. Not sure why he was so overrated or maybe I do know...

Comment

Agit Kabayel
                    4 KO's in a row averaging under 4 rounds.
                    All he cares about is which opponent to upset next? Great attitude & momentum!

Comment

Working...
                    X