No announcement yet.

Euro amateur chapionships

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro amateur chapionships

I consider the European championships 3rd most important among the amateur boxing tournaments behind the Olympics and the World Amateur Championships ( which has the greatest depth )

I am sad to say that bad judgement in boxing is even more corrupt than it is in the elite pro boxing matches.

Here in the super heavyweight semi finals. We have the Croatian Pratijacic who is a puncher coming into his own, vs. the home town Serbian guy, Veletic. Veletic is the hometown guy, but he fights like a spoiler using his unusually good mobility for such a big man ( Both men are 6'5" ) ) and his weak punches designed to pile up points to win. Except he did not WIN this match. He was out thrown out, landed the weaker punches, was warned twice for going low, and fought most of the fight in retreat.

The judges gave it to the home country guy!

Robbery.

Veletic fights the weak jaw Spaniard in the finals. He is sure to win if the fight is close, is edged by the fighter from Spain, or if need of another robbery.​
    Last edited by Dr. Z; 04-27-2024, 08:22 AM.

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post
    I consider the European championships 3rd most important among the amateur boxing tournaments behind the Olympics and the World Amateur Championships ( which has the greatest depth )

I am sad to say that bad judgement in boxing is even more corrupt than it is in the elite pro boxing matches.

Here in the super heavyweight semi finals. We have the Croatian Pratijacic who is a puncher coming into his own, vs. the home town Serbian guy, Veletic. Veletic is the hometown guy, but he fights like a spoiler using his unusually good mobility for such a big man ( Both men are 6'5" ) ) and his weak punches designed to pile up points to win. Except he did not WIN this match. He was out thrown out, landed the weaker punches, was warned twice for going low, and fought most of the fight in retreat.

The judges gave it to the home country guy!

Robbery.

Veletic fights the weak jaw Spaniard in the finals. He is sure to win if the fight is close, is edged by the fighter from Spain, or if need of another robbery.​
    ah man that robbery of Pratilajcic was HORRIBLE! Shocking disgusting robbery. I think the Croatian would have won the final as well, this should have been his coming out party. So Corrupt

Veletic reminds me of Otto Wallin, don't like his style at all. ...Whereas Pratiljacic I think will make a very good pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z
      Russia cleaned up at the euro amateur championships in the men's division.

Yeah as I expected. Russia has a very strong team, and so much strength in depth. Such a shame we won't get to see them at the Olympics this year.

I was really impressed with Shumkov and Savvin in particular. Savvin has really good skills, he outslicked the cuban-bulgarian!

I was really looking forward to the Ataev-Aliforau final, but it was strange how they quit like that, apparently Aliforau had a arm injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z

I agree that Praitijac will make a good pro, but he has to work on some things in the amateurs. He already knocked the winner of the European championship, Ayoub Ghadfa Drissi el Aissaoui out with a 10 count KO win! A pity we never saw a re-match in the Euro finals and will not see Pratiljacic in the 2024 games.
        Yeah he has a lot of really good highlight reel KO's. He actually has one more chance to qualify, there's one last World qualifier in Thailand in a few weeks

Comment

Working...
        X