Roberto Duran vs. Henry Armstrong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Lightweights?

Hard for me to pick against either of these guys.

Comment

That is a 50/50 fight all the way. Two titans of the division going head to head, neither one of them backing up. Duran had slightly better defense, which might give him an edge. But Henry would be in his chest all night, bobbing and weaving and not easy to hit clean. Tough one to call.

Comment

Originally posted by ron davis View Post
        As Lightweights?
        Damn!!!!!!!! Ron Ron Ron.... Just breezing through here and you drop this megabomb down here!!!!! Wow...

can Duran fight in spurts against Homicide Hank? Can he pick his spots? If any boxer puncher could at that weight Duran would be on the short list. Both men are mentally tough and at a weight where their power and speed is magnified. I say this because even though they may have more power coming up, the chins they are hitting are lighter.

Armstrong fought like the Mongolian Hordes fought...Allegedly the Mongols would have a division sweep, and never relenting, and when the horses were tired, they would let them rest as the next division swept in, etc etc rinse repeat... the effect being that the foe never had a chance to set up.

Armstrong would make his opponents manvuveur into bad positions and try to readjust, all the while hitting them with openings made by moving his head and shoulders into them. You could not keep him off of you.

Duran was truly a boxer puncher and a puncher... His firepower would be there, but he would have to find a way to set and use his attacks. Armstrong of course had a beard for the ages... Duran as well... But in this case? it benefitts Armstrong, given his style more, because he could whether Duran's power.

I honestly do not know of a boxer puncher at lightweight who could beat Hank... The Japanese beat the Mongols with a little help from the ocean. It allowed them to set up and to go out to the shore and rush before the hordes and the Bowmen could set up and stop them. But the ocean caused a lot of the problem for the Mongols...

What ocean could help Duran? Well, Ray Robinson could fight going backwards... that could help one with Hank. The problem with trying to outmanuveur Hank is that he had you on tactile alert. He didn't need to see you, he could feel where your body was going and anticipate your actions. If his shoulder was not on you, he was on top of you hitting away...

Love Duran just don't know how he could get past Hank at this weight.

Comment

- -Luv Hank as a fighter and person, but must be 100 welts and 100 Lights who could beat him one on one.

Best stick to feather for this one.

Comment

Does that mean there 100 lightweights that you know can beat Duran? Kindly, indulge me of just five lightweights that can beat Armstrong? I know of only one that can beat both Armstrong and Duran. Peace.

Comment

Does that mean there 100 lightweights that you know can beat Duran? Kindly, indulge me of just five lightweights that can beat Armstrong? I know of only one that can beat both Armstrong and Duran. Peace.
              - -Working down the list, Loma, Crawford, Oscar, Manny, and SRRobby if we want to scratch that surface.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                - -Working down the list, Loma, Crawford, Oscar, Manny, and SRRobby if we want to scratch that surface.
                U have Alzheimers?

Lomachenko couldn't beat Salido but he's going to beat Henry Armstrong?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  U have Alzheimers?

Lomachenko couldn't beat Salido but he's going to beat Henry Armstrong?
                  - -Not with Laurence Cole riding his back.

Henry don't carry Cole any easier. Fake fight for U losers.

Comment

As Lightweights?
                    Duran. Not even close.

Comment

Working...
                    X