No announcement yet.

Cus D'Amato as a trainer.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cus D'Amato as a trainer.

How would you rate Cus D'Amato as a trainer?

IMO, Cus gets overrated as a trainer because of Tyson, when many of Tyson's best performances (Berbick, Spinks, Thomas, and Holmes) were AFTER Cus died.

And besides Patterson and Tyson, Cus didn't train anyone worth a **** except for MAYBE Jose Torres. There's a reason Cus didn't train another world champion for almost 30 years after Patterson and Torres, and it's not just because he stood up to the IBC.

And let's be honest, Tyson would have won a world title no matter who trained him. He was that talented.

In other words, YDKSAB.

Comment

-Better than saller emanuel steward

Comment

I rate Cus D'Amato highly as I've spent a lot of time studying and experimenting with the Peekaboo style. It's a well thought out system and very complete, addressing all aspects of offense and defense. Obviously the creation of a knowledgeable, experienced boxing mind.

The only weakness I see is that it is physically taxing and demands a high level of conditioning. Best for a young fighter in his prime and not conducive to longevity.

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyGrizzly View Post
          -Better than saller emanuel steward
          I could understand your point if you cited Rock Newman, Lou Duva, Teddy Atlas, or even Anglo Dundee who use to put on some over the top performances, or Jim Jaccobs (Schmeling's guy) who went racing around the ring exclaiming "We wuz robbed, we wuz robbed" (Sharkey-Schmeling II) but I just don't see Steward in that light. He always seemed to keep his composure. Maybe I missed something.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            I rate Cus D'Amato highly as I've spent a lot of time studying and experimenting with the Peekaboo style. It's a well thought out system and very complete, addressing all aspects of offense and defense. Obviously the creation of a knowledgeable, experienced boxing mind.

The only weakness I see is that it is physically taxing and demands a high level of conditioning. Best for a young fighter in his prime and not conducive to longevity.
            - - Not bad. Didn't know you had that in you!

Comment

Working...
            X