No announcement yet.

Who is the Greater Lightweight/ Who beats whom

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is the Greater Lightweight/ Who beats whom

Just number them from 1 through 4, or something like that. We will see how this thing can work.
    Pacquiao
    14.29%
    Camacho
    0%
    B Leonard
    14.29%
    Duran
    71.43%

1 Duran
    2 Leonard
    3 Pacquiao
    4 Camacho

Comment

Did you say 1930s, 15 rounds, six ounce gloves?

Can you lose on a foul?

Scored by rounds or ten point must?

Do the judges hold a 1930s temperament?

Does the referee hold a 1930s temperament; only the referee can stop the fight?

Doesn't matter Duran would brutalize the other three.

Duran by 8 round KO over Leonard.
      Duran by 12 round TKO over Camacho.
      Duran by UD over PAC Man.

Benny would confuse and annoy Riberto for several rounds but surcomb to his pressure and power eventually. E.g. Mcclarin.

Duran would chase Camacho down and either stop him or Camacho will start grabbing and by 1930s standards be DQed for excessive holding.

PAC Man would make it exciting for a few rounds but Duran would be able to take Pacquiao's big shots. PAC Man's power would subside and Duran would eventually land too often. Last three rounds Pacquiao takes a beating.

The Old LefHook The Old LefHook likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
        Did you say 1930s, 15 rounds, six ounce gloves?

Can you lose on a foul?

Scored by rounds or ten point must?

Do the judges hold a 1930s temperament?

Does the referee hold a 1930s temperament; only the referee can stop the fight?

Doesn't matter Duran would brutalize the other three.

Duran by 8 round KO over Leonard.
        Duran by 12 round TKO over Camacho.
        Duran by UD over PAC Man.

Benny would confuse and annoy Riberto for several rounds but surcomb to his pressure and power eventually. E.g. Mcclarin.

Duran would chase Camacho down and either stop him or Camacho will start grabbing and by 1930s standards be DQed for excessive holding.

PAC Man would make it exciting for a few rounds but Duran would be able to take Pacquiao's big shots. PAC Man's power would subside and Duran would eventually land too often. Last three rounds Pacquiao takes a beating.

I think it's a little unfair using the last fight of Leonard's career, fought at welterweight as proof Duran would beat him. Leonard fought in the toughest lightweight era ever and was the top dog. His competition is unmatched. I think Duran and Leonard would each have wins in a series with one another. As far as who would win prime for prime? Both were incredible at 135 and I have no problem with the pick being Duran. I just thought the McLarnin fight was a bad example as to why Duran would win.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I think it's a little unfair using the last fight of Leonard's career, fought at welterweight as proof Duran would beat him. Leonard fought in the toughest lightweight era ever and was the top dog. His competition is unmatched. I think Duran and Leonard would each have wins in a series with one another. As far as who would win prime for prime? Both were incredible at 135 and I have no problem with the pick being Duran. I just thought the McLarnin fight was a bad example as to why Duran would win.
          Ok that's fair - I recognize that was Benny Leonard redux - but his tenure at LW (133 I think at the time) was filled with technicians (whom he almost always outboxed) but Rocky Kansas, Lew Tendler, Willie Ritchie, and Johnny Dundee were not big ****ers. I felt the issue with Duran was power, Duran could hurt WWs.

But I recognize your complaint as legit.

Comment

I go back and forth on this between Benny Leonard and Duran. I tend to lean Duran now after being in the Leonard camp for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post
              I go back and forth on this between Benny Leonard and Duran. I tend to lean Duran now after being in the Leonard camp for a long time.
              I too see it both ways at different times. Both were incredible fighters. Pep makes a valid point as to Durans power, but damn this is always so close for me!

Comment

Duran
                Pacquiao
                Leonard
                Camacho

I would put Ike Williams and Carlos Ortiz in there in place of Pacquiao and Camacho. Manny was only at 135 very briefly.
                Hustle Hustle likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  Duran
                  Pacquiao
                  Leonard
                  Camacho

I would put Ike Williams and Carlos Ortiz in there in place of Pacquiao and Camacho. Manny was only at 135 very briefly.
                  I can possibly agree with you on Camacho that he MIGHT not be the best choice. Camacho knew nothing about boxing but merely had quick legs. Whenever he would have to stop to hit an old timer, they would out-technique him, and they would not pay much attention to all his running around.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post

Camacho knew nothing about boxing but merely had quick legs.
                    Is this before or after he fought Rosario? ...........Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X